Interesting Thought on Socialization

In seeing how gregarious M is and how interested she is to meet new people and make new friends, I had a thought about the homeschooling-socialization notion: I wonder if she/they will not learn how to be as standoffish and reserved as many kids are. That is, at some point along the way we learn that not everyone wants to be our friend and we learn to put up barriers and form social cliques. They may not learn this, or at least not as overtly as they would in school. To me, this is exactly the kind of socialization that I think is detrimental to a person's development and am glad that they won't be "learning" this behavior... but it is a provocative question: Is it bad to not learn to be aloof and cliquey?....

On another note, we had our movement class at the Y today. Seriously, not a day now goes by when someone doesn't ask me, "How old is M?" Answer: "Almost 3." Question: "Oh, so where does she go to school?"