Easter Prep

M has been longing for Easter since January, so now that it is finally upon us, the excitement is building. In my overall effort to do things in a more handmade, homemade way recently, I decided this year that we would forego the plastic eggs and use natural, food-based dyes for our hard-boiled eggs. We will most likely use beets, blueberries, greens, and orange juice for our dyes. I also decided that it would be fun to grow our own grass to line the bottom of our Easter baskets. A friend gave us some wheat berries recently and the lush grass will be perfect for our baskets!

I will definitely report back on the success of our homemade Easter decor, but if anyone is interested in creating natural egg dyes this year, here is a good link with instructions on how to do it.

And I'd love to hear your suggestions on what to do with two-dozen, colorful hard-boiled eggs after the Easter Bunny visits... Recipes anyone?