More Natural Family Living Ideas

Reading the posts from this week's Carnival of Natural Parenting has been inspiring and informative. The bloggers have excellent ideas on how to work towards creating an increasingly natural, healthy, sustainable home.

After the excitement of our raw milk trial, I am looking for new natural family living experiments and I got some great ideas from the natural parenting bloggers who participated in this carnival. Three posts in particular caught my eye, and I am eager to try out their suggestions:

First, I love the idea of making my own laundry detergent and have been thinking about doing this for awhile now. Some time ago, I replaced all of our household cleaning products with a simple, homemade concoction of vinegar, baking soda, and water. Homemade laundry detergent is the next step and the recipe how-to by Jennifer at Practical Oh Mommy looks worth trying.

Second, I am intrigued by the idea of trying a menstrual cup, as described by Mandy at Living Peacefully with Children (a must-read blog by the way). Like her, I have not had to think much about menses since I have been either pregnant or breastfeeding for the past six years. I have used cloth pads for those post-partum times, which I really like, but this menstrual cup idea is fascinating to consider when I finally do get a period again...

Third, wintertime always does a number on my skin, leaving it dry and cracked, and regrettably my kids seem to have inherited this same trait. Megan at Boho Mama offers a great recipe for homemade, natural moisturizer that will be fun to try.

What are some of your favorite experiments with natural family living? I would love to hear your natural family living insights and ideas!